This is a nice way to use up leftover brownie or chocolate cake. Its a spin on bread pudding, and something thrown together one day
- 4 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups prepared brownies, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds, divided
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly butter one 2 quart baking dish.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring after each melting, for 1 to 3 minutes (depending on your microwave). Do not overheat or chocolate will scorch. Set aside.
- Place brownie chunks into prepared baking dish. Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Whisk in melted chocolate, milk, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and half of the almonds. Pour milk mixture over brownie cubes and sprinkle with the remaining almonds. Bake until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.