Tasty and fast apple muffins. They are great for a breakfast treat!
- 1 1/4 cups bran flakes cereal
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups apple juice
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 apple – peeled, cored, and chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease muffin tins.
- In a mixing bowl, combine bran flakes, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and baking powder. Stir in apple juice, margarine, vanilla, and apple. Spoon the mixture into the greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 to 30 minutes.