Excellent cookies served after a special dinner. Try dipping in coffee or wine.
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup ground toasted hazelnuts
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine flour, hazelnuts, and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and honey until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
- Divide dough in half. On prepared baking sheet, form each half into a log about 12 inches long and 2 inches wide, spacing about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes until golden brown. Transfer logs to a cutting board and cut on diagonal into 1/2 inch thick slices. Lay slices on ungreased baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes longer — until dry. Transfer to wire racks to cool. Store in a tightly sealed container and let them age for a few days before serving.