Using a spiralizer, zucchini is turned into a tasty stand-in for pasta in this non-breaded take on chicken Parmesan.
- 4 zucchini, cut into spirals using a spiral slicer
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- cooking spray
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place zucchini spirals in a colander and sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt and Italian seasoning over zucchini; toss to coat. Set colander over a bowl to allow water from zucchini to drain.
- Wrap chicken in plastic wrap and place on a work surface; pound into 1/4- to 1/2-inch thickness. Remove plastic wrap and season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat marinara sauce in a saucepan over low heat.
- Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in the hot skillet until browned and no longer pink in the center, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to the prepared baking sheet.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven’s broiler.
- Place zucchini in the same nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir until tender yet firm to the bite, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Spoon marinara sauce over each chicken breast and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Broil chicken in the preheated oven until cheese is melted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer zucchini to each serving plate and add chicken. Spoon warm marinara over each piece of chicken and top with Parmesan cheese.