Quick and easy glazed Cinnamon Swirl Bread. Tastes great every time and no yeast required at all!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, slightly melted
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 – 3 teaspoons cream or milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a glass loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, vanilla, and yogurt.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, stirring with a spoon just until combined. Pour into the prepared loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, stir the swirl ingredients together.
- Drop a teaspoonful at a time onto the top of the bread; then use a knife to swirl it into the batter without over mixing.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the center tests done with a toothpick.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 15 minutes in the pan on a wire rack. Remove bread from the pan and cool on the rack.
- Whisk the glaze ingredients together in a small bowl until smooth, adding a dab of milk at a time until it can be drizzled.
- When the bread is completely cool, drizzle the glaze on it.