Delicious and easy citrusy cake. When I take these to work my co-workers go crazy over them.
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1, 3.5 oz package instant lemon pudding
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- Grated lemon zest of one lemon
- 3 Tbs vegetable or canola oil
- 3 Tbs water
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat a miniature muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, and oil. Blend with an electric mixer for two minutes.
- Spoon 1 Tbs of the mixture into each muffin cup. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Flip cakes onto a towel when you remove the pan from the oven.
- To prepare glaze, sift powdered sugar in a medium bowl. Add lemon juice, zest, oil and water, and mix until smooth.
- Dip warm blossoms into the glaze, coating as much as possible. Place blossoms on wire racks with waxed paper underneath, to catch drips. Let glaze set thoroughly before serving or storing in an airtight container.