A hearty breakfast casserole that packs in plenty of veggies, meat, and topped with warm cheese. Add any cooked breakfast meat you would like instead of bacon. Top with salsa for a fresh kick.
- 10 slices bacon
- 5 red potatoes, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels; crumble into pieces.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease bottom and sides of a 9×13-inch casserole dish.
- Layer potatoes, red bell pepper, orange bell pepper, onion, and jalapeno pepper in the casserole dish. Sprinkle 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese on top. Scatter bacon pieces over the cheese.
- Whisk eggs, milk, garlic powder, black pepper, salt, and paprika together in a large bowl. Pour over layers in the casserole dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set, about 35 minutes. Remove from oven and top with remaining 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese. Continue baking until cheese is melted and golden, about 10 minutes more.