Easy and very kid-pleasing.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (2 pound) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large mixing bowl combine onion, sour cream, soup, cheese, salt and pepper. Press the excess water out of the hash browns and then add them to the soup mixture and mix well. Transfer to a 9×12 inch casserole dish. Sprinkle potato chips on top, then drizzle with butter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until golden brown.