Sweet, rich and crunchy. A lovely addition to your feast.
- 1 (40 ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter one 2 quart baking dish.
- Heat, drain and mash sweet potatoes. Combine with them with the white sugar, eggs, 1/3 cup of the melted butter, milk and vanilla. Place in the prepared baking dish.
- In a separate bowl combine the brown sugar, chopped pecans, flour and 1/3 cup of the melted butter. Sprinkle over the top of the sweet potato mixture. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.