Whenever I make these, they are a big hit. DELICIOUS!
- 1 (14 ounce) package individually wrapped caramels
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Melt caramels and 1/3 cup of the evaporated milk over very low heat, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Combine cake mix, melted butter, the remaining 1/3 cup evaporated milk, vanilla and nuts. Mix well and spread 1/2 of the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the partially cooked brownies. Pour the melted caramel mixture over the top and with a teaspoon drop the remaining 1/2 of the batter evenly over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 minutes. Let brownies cool in pan then cut into bars.