A fun new take on classic biscotti cookies, and even more delicious!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons shortening
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees F). Grease 2 baking sheets.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, and baking powder. Cut in the vegetable shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs until thick and light-colored. Gradually beat the eggs into the flour mixture. Fold in the walnuts.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough 1/4 inch thick. Using a cookie cutter, cut into desired shapes and place 1 1/2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until lightly colored. Transfer to wire racks to cool.