Thick and hearty, creamy and good, perfect for a winter breakfast with the family. Use good-quality long-grain wild rice, not broken or soup-grade.
- 4 cups cooked wild rice
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Stir cooked rice, cranberries, hazelnuts, and maple syrup together in a heavy saucepan. Put saucepan over medium-high heat and cook until the mixture is heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Pour cream over the rice mixture; stir. Continue cooking until the cream is heated, about 2 minutes.