Southern pulled pork BBQ that is so easy to make! I have shared this BBQ with family, friends, and co-workers, and they have told me that this is amongst the best BBQ they have ever eaten. I use a North Carolina style vinegar-based sauce when I make this, but this is the fun part of this recipe, because you can use any sauce you like and it turns out good. Your pulled pork makes good BBQ plates, or it is good on sandwiches also.
- 1 (3 pound) boneless pork shoulder (Boston Butt) roast
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup barbeque sauce, or to taste
- Place pork roast in a slow cooker. Pour vinegar over pork, coating all sides; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on Low for 10 to 12 hours. Transfer pork to a platter. Drain and discard juices from the slow cooker. Chop pork and return to the slow cooker. Add barbeque sauce and continue to cook for 30 minutes.