You won’t miss the gluten in these fudgy, gooey, nutty brownies.
- 1 1/3 cups blanched almond flour
- 2/3 cup brown rice flour
- 2 cups Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups walnut or pecan pieces (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F, with a rack in the lower third of the oven. Line a n 8-inch metal baking pan across the bottom and up two opposite sides with parchment paper.
- Whisk together almond flour and rice flour; set aside.
- Place chocolate, butter and salt in the top of a large double boiler over barely simmering water. Stir frequently until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove the bowl and let cool for 5 minutes. Stir in the sugar and vanilla. Stir in the eggs one at a time. Add the almond and rice flour mixture and stir until moistened, and then mix briskly about 40 strokes. Stir in the walnuts or pecans if using.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until the brownies are slightly puffed all over and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out moist but clean. Cool the pan on a rack, at least 30 minutes. Run a knife along the unlined sides of the pan to detach the brownies. Lift the edges of the parchment paper to remove the brownies. Cut into squares.