Tender beef strips are quickly stir-fried with crisp and colorful vegetables to make this delicious restaurant-style dinner in your own kitchen.
- 2 pounds boneless beef sirloin or beef top round steaks (3/4″ thick)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can Campbell’s® Condensed Beef Broth
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 head Chinese cabbage (bok choy), thinly sliced
- 2 medium red peppers, cut into 2″-long strips
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 medium green onions, cut into 2″ pieces
- Hot cooked regular long-grain white rice
- Slice beef into very thin strips.
- Mix cornstarch, broth, soy and sugar until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in saucepot or wok over high heat. Add beef in 2 batches and stir-fry until browned. Set beef aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil. Add the mushrooms, cabbage, peppers, celery and green onions in 2 batches and stir-fry over medium heat until tender-crisp. Set vegetables aside.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add. Cook until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly. Return beef and vegetables to saucepot and heat through. Serve over rice.