This roast is made in the slow cooker with the potatoes and carrots. Very easy and delicious.
- 1 (3 pound) bottom round roast
- ground black pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 5 carrots, peeled and sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 6 small new potatoes, halved
- Season roast with black pepper and garlic powder. In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Brown the roast on all sides for 20 minutes.
- Mix together the mushroom soup and the onion soup mix in the slow cooker. Place roast into the slow cooker, and arrange carrots and potatoes around the meat.
- Cover, and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, stirring occasionally.