Chicken sausage sauteed with rice, apricots, almonds, and grapes is a quick Mediterranean-inspired meal.
- 1 (12 ounce) package al fresco® fully cooked Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup scallions, chopped
- 3 dried apricots, finely chopped
- 2 cups cooked long-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup plain non-fat Greek-style yogurt
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2/3 cup red European-variety seedless grapes, quartered
- In medium saute pan, add oil and saute scallions for 3 to 5 minutes. Add the sausage slices and apricots, saute for 5 minutes. Add rice, broth, simmer 1 minute, then add the sage, and parsley. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add yogurt and basil, and heat thoroughly 1 to 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Fold in grapes. Place in large bowl or serving dish and top with almonds. Serve either warm or cold.