The Penicillin Cocktail takes the warming, soothing flavors of honey, lemon juice and fresh ginger, and fortifies them with a good dose of scotch whiskey.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 2-inch piece of peeled ginger root
- 2 oz blended Scotch
- 3/4 oz Fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 oz Honey-ginger syrup (1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup honey, 2-inch piece of ginger root)
- 1/4 oz Islay single-malt scotch
- Honey-ginger syrup: Add the honey, water, and ginger root to a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, then allow the syrup to cool. Strain and store in the fridge.
- Penicillin Cocktail: Pour the blended Scotch, lemon juice, and honey-ginger syrup into a shaker. Add ice, shake, and strain into a rocks glass with ice. Float the Islay scotch on top by pouring it gently over the back of a spoon.