What shall you do with all those candy canes? Here’s the perfect solution that makes a delightful salad and is attractive on the table. Even the children love it (since it is made with candy!!).
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup coarsely chopped peppermint candy canes
- Butter one 9×13 inch dish.
- Place 1 1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs in bottom of dish.
- Mix together the whipped topping, marshmallows, pecans and peppermint candy.
- Sprinkle remaining crumbs on top; garnish with any additional crushed candy. Refrigerate 24 hours before serving to allow the candy to dissolve.