An alternative to pumpkin pie. A snap to put together and always a hit. Top with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream!
- 1 (15 ounces) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Mix pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, eggs, and pumpkin pie spice together in a bowl. Pour pumpkin mixture into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle cake mix over pumpkin mixture; drizzle with butter. Sprinkle pecans atop butter layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.