Amazing tasting light and airy bread. It is super easy to make and tastes better than store-bought bread. Give this a try and might not go back.
- 357 g Flour or 2 3/4 cup
- 210 ml Warm water or 1 cup-2 tbsp
- 1 tsp Instant yeast (Active dry yeast 1 and 1/4 tsp)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 42.6 g Butter or 3 tbsp
- 1 tbsp Sugar or honey or more according to your preference
- Into a bowl add in the lukewarm water, honey, salt, yeast, and stir to dissolve. Add in the softened butter and then the flour.
- Combine everything together to form a shaggy mass of dough.
- Transfer it on to a clean work surface and knead the dough for around 8 minutes. Cover them and leave it for another 10 minutes.
- Knead the dough for 2 more minutes and do the windowpane test to check the doneness of the dough.
- If it passes the windowpane test, our dough is ready for the first proofing. Otherwise, knead for a few more minutes to get your dough properly done.
- Lightly oil a clean bowl and place the dough inside it and cover it with a damp cloth or plastic film and let it rise for 2 hours.
- After two hours, transfer the dough on to a lightly floured work surface and degas the dough.
- Fold in three parts to form a rectangle and then again flatten it into a long rectangle.
- Make sure there are no air bubbles in the sheet.
- The breadth of the rectangle should be slightly less than the length of the baking pan.
- Roll it just as we roll a jelly roll. Pinch the edges and sides to seal.
- Drag the shaped dough to create a tensive surface on top. This can give a good oven rise.
- Place the shaped dough onto a greased baking pan.
- Cover it with a damp cloth or plastic film and let the dough rise for 70-80 minutes and bake the bread at 350 degrees Fahrenheit preheated oven for 32-35 minutes.