Tastes like the original sugar cookie sold by Girl Scouts in 1935. Taste a bit of history!!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add milk and vanilla; beat until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Chill at least 2 hours or overnight.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut with trefoil cookie cutter available at Girl Scout stores, or use small cutter of your choice. Place cookies on ungreased baking sheets.
- Place cookies on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.