Fresh kale, finely chopped broccoli, chickpeas, and tomato paste are simmered until tender, topped with eggs, and finished in the oven.
- 12 ounces broccoli florets
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped kale leaves
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 Eggland’s Best Eggs, large
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add broccoli florets to a food processor and pulse until it resembles rice.
- Heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add greens, broccoli, chickpeas, and tomato paste. Stir to combine.
- Add in garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and remaining olive oil. Stir to combine.
- Cook for about ten minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- Break three Eggland’s Best eggs over mixture. Do so carefully so that the yolk stays in tact to the membrane.
- Place skillet in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove and garnish with fresh herbs of choice – I used cilantro.