A savory Southwestern chili.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (15.25 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 2 (15.25 ounce) cans yellow corn, drained
- 1 (30 ounce) jar diced nopales (cactus)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 chipotle pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine ground beef and onion in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir until beef is browned, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer beef and onion to a slow cooker. Stir in diced tomatoes, black beans, corn, nopales, tomato paste, chili powder, sugar, chipotle pepper, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Cook on Low until flavors combine, about 4 hours.