A hearty soup that even your husband will like. My husband, who thinks soups are for the faint of heart, loves this recipe! It’s so quick and easy because of using the slow cooker. It’s sure to be a family favorite!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound lean beef stew meat
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can mixed vegetables
- 1 (11.5 fl oz) can spicy vegetable juice cocktail
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy skillet. Season the stew meat with seasoning salt and pepper. Cook meat in the oil along with onion and bell pepper until browned. Transfer to a slow cooker, and stir in the beef broth.
- Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours, or until meat is tender. During the last 30 minutes, stir in the mixed vegetables and vegetable juice cocktail.