This is the absolute best and easiest potato soup. I never liked potato soup until I made this for my wife. Everyone I have shared it with loves it. It is quick, easy, and good on a nice winter day.
- 1 (49.5 fluid ounce) can chicken broth, divided
- 1 (1 ounce) package country style gravy mix (such as McCormick®)
- 6 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 (1/2 inch thick) slices deli ham, diced
- Pour 1 cup of the chicken broth, and the contents of the gravy mix packet, into a small bowl. Whisk well to combine.
- Combine potatoes, carrot, onion, ham, and remaining chicken broth in a large soup pot; bring to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes, and turn down to a simmer. Whisk in the broth and gravy mixture. Simmer soup for one hour.