What can I say? It is brownies layers on cookies. This is the best it gets.
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (1 ounce) square unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (1 ounce) square unsweetened chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F(175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 11 x 7 1/2 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together quick-cooking oats, 1/2 cup flour, brown sugar, and baking soda. Stir melted butter into dry ingredients.
- Pat evenly into the bottom of baking pan and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- For the middle layer, cream together white sugar, butter, and 1 ounce of melted unsweetened chocolate. Add the egg to this mixture and cream well.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 2/3 cup of flour, baking powder, and salt. Add dry ingredients to chocolate mixture alternately with a mixture of the milk and vanilla. Mix after each addition. Fold in the walnuts and spread evenly over baked layer.
- Bake for 25 minutes more at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C ) then cool.
- For frosting, melt together 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 ounce of unsweetened chocolate over medium heat. Remove from heat, and stir in 1 1/2 cups of confectioners sugar. Add vanilla last. Stir until frosting is smooth and pourable. Drizzle over the tops of the brownies for an elegant finish.