A fun cookie to make, and its got a pretty pattern on it.
- 1 pound butter
- 2 1/3 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 9 eggs
- 4 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat the waffle iron on medium setting.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Stir in the vanilla and salt. Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition. Then stir in the flour.
- Drop the batter by heaping soupspoonful onto the waffle grid. Close the cover and bake for about 3 minutes and 20 seconds. Every waffle iron is a little different so you may want to test it on the first couple of cookies. Place finished cookies onto a wire rack to cool.