This is one of my family’s favorite fish recipes for southern cooking. Serve over rice. Steamed vegetables go great with this dish.
- 2 (4 ounce) fillets mahi mahi
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 drops Louisiana-style hot sauce, or to taste
- 1 roma tomato, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Rub the mahi mahi fillets with the olive oil and lay into a baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 20 minutes.
- While the mahi mahi bakes, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir the garlic, lemon juice, and hot sauce into the melted butter; simmer together for 1 minute. Add the tomato and green onion to the butter mixture; cook and stir until hot. Spoon over the baked fish to serve.