Banana pudding is a sweet and creamy dessert made with layers of sliced bananas, vanilla pudding, and whipped cream. The pudding is typically made with a mixture of cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, instant vanilla pudding mix, and cold milk, which is then folded in with a portion of whipped cream. The pudding is layered in a dish with vanilla wafers and sliced bananas, and topped with additional whipped cream. The pudding is chilled before serving, giving it a rich and creamy texture. It is a classic southern dessert that is perfect for any occasion.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 1/2 (12 ounce) package vanilla wafers
- In a large bowl, beat 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese until fluffy.
- Beat in 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk, 1 (5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix, 3 cups cold milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract until smooth.
- Fold in 1/2 of the (8 ounce) container of frozen whipped topping, thawed.
- Line the bottom of a 9×13 inch dish with 1/2 (12 ounce) package of vanilla wafers.
- Arrange 4 sliced bananas evenly over the wafers.
- Spread the pudding mixture over the bananas.
- Top with the remaining whipped topping.
- Chill before serving.