I made this marinade up on the spot. I am so happy I wrote it down. This is the best one I have ever found.
- 2 large pork chops
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mesquite-flavored seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cut each pork chop from one side through the middle horizontally to within 1/2 inch of the other side. Open the two sides and spread them out like an open book.
- Whisk olive oil, brown sugar, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, thyme, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, mesquite seasoning, parsley, salt, and pepper together in a bowl and pour into a large resealable plastic bag. Add pork chops, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator, 6 to 8 hours.