These are the BEST dinner rolls I’ve ever made. They also make great buns for sandwiches. For a festive presentation, sprinkle with poppy or sesame seeds before baking.
- 3 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dry milk powder
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons water
- Place the bread flour, sugar, salt, milk powder, water, butter, and yeast in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Set on Dough cycle; press Start.
- Remove risen dough from the machine, deflate, and turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough into twelve equal pieces, and form into rounds. Place the rounds on lightly greased baking sheets. Cover the rolls with a damp cloth, and let rise until doubled in volume, about 40 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, mix together the egg white and 2 tablespoons water; brush lightly onto the rolls. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until the rolls are golden brown.