This is a great breakfast dish for holidays or busy days. I prepare it the night before but do not bake it until Christmas Day.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 (10 ounce) cans refrigerated biscuit dough
- 1 cup shredded pepperjack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease the entire inside of a fluted tube pan.
- Cook and stir sausage and green bell pepper in a skillet over medium heat until sausage is browned and crumbly, about 10 minutes; drain excess grease. Cook and stir eggs into sausage mixture until cooked through and scrambled, about 5 minutes.
- Cut each biscuit in half. Flatten a piece of biscuit dough; fill with 1 to 2 tablespoons sausage-egg mixture. Roll the biscuit dough around the filling, creating a ball. Place pepperjack cheese into a shallow bowl. Roll the biscuit ball in the pepperjack cheese. Place in the prepared fluted tube pan. Repeat with remaining biscuits, sausage filling, and cheese. Sprinkle any remaining cheese around the filled biscuits.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the biscuits are browned and the cheese is melted, 45 to 60 minutes. Remove and let cool for 20 minutes. Run a knife between the pan and the cooked biscuits to release; invert onto a serving plate. To serve, pull the monkey bread apart with fingers.