These tacos are full of fresh vegetables and lime. They’re quick and easy to make and they manage to be both healthy and very budget-friendly!
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 dash green pepper sauce (such as Tabasco®), or to taste (optional)
- Mix tomatoes, avocados, onion, 1/4 cup cilantro, and garlic together in a bowl. Drizzle lime juice over tomato mixture; toss to coat.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Arrange tortillas, 2 at a time, in hot oil; cook until crisp, about 1 minute per side. Remove tortillas using tongs and repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons black beans and 2 tablespoons cooked rice onto each crisp tortilla; top with tomato mixture. Garnish tacos using remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro and green pepper sauce.