Traditional crisp rice cereal treats with a caramel twist.
- cooking spray
- 9 ounces crispy rice cereal
- 1 (11 ounce) package caramel bits
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (16 ounce) package marshmallows
- Prepare a baking dish and a large mixing bowl with non-stick cooking spray. Pour cereal into a large mixing bowl and set next to your stove.
- Heat caramel bits and butter together in a large saucepan over low heat until both are melted and the mixture is smooth, about 5 minutes; add marshmallows. Continue to cook the mixture, stirring regularly, until the marshmallows are melted and the mixture is smooth, about 5 minutes; pour immediately into the middle of the cereal in the bowl and quickly stir to coat cereal completely.
- Spread the coated cereal into the prepared baking dish. Spray the back of a spoon with cooking spray and use it to press the cereal into an even layer. Let cereal cool completely before cutting into squares.