Peanut cookies form the crust of this light layered frozen dessert with chocolate and peanut layers, topped with a garnish of cookies and whipped topping.
- 12 peanut butter sandwich cookies, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (12 ounce) tub whipped cream topping, thawed, divided
- 2 squares semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- Crush 8 of the cookies in a resealable plastic bag with a rolling pin. Mix cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom of a foil-lined 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Mix cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gently stir in 3 cups of the whipped topping. Spoon 1/2 cup of the cream cheese mixture into small bowl. Stir in melted chocolate until well blended; set aside. Spoon half of the remaining cream cheese mixture over crust. Top evenly with chocolate mixture; cover with remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Freeze 4 hours or overnight until firm. Invert onto plate. Remove foil, then re-invert onto serving platter so that crumb layer is on bottom. Coarsely break the remaining 4 cookies. Top dessert with remaining whipping topping and cookies.