The texture and flavor of this cornbread is unmatched. I make this every Sunday for family.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/8 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease an 8 x 8 inch pan.
- In a large bowl beat butter until smooth. Stir in flour and beat on low, adding water.
- Chop corn in food processor or blender. Stir into butter mixture.
- In a medium bowl combine sugar, cornmeal, cream, baking powder, parsley and chili powder; add to butter mixture. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.