I love this dessert loaf. It is packed with vanilla and pecans and love.
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 8×4 inch bread pans.
- Prepare the topping by combining the 1/2 cup butter, 1/3 cup sugar, vanilla wafers and pecans. Mix together well and press into the bottom of prepared pans.
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs one at a time and beat well. Combine milk and vanilla.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to batter, alternating with milk; beat well. Pour into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.