This easy BBQ Mac and Cheese Recipe is a family recipe featuring a homemade macaroni and cheese that is topped with pulled pork or shredded chicken that has been deliciously smothered with barbecue sauce.
- 16 ounces penne noodles
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 16 ounces sharp cheddar and/or monterey jack, shredded and divided
- 8 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups leftover BBQ meat (pulled or shredded pork, chicken, or beef combined with BBQ sauce)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13″ baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the penne pasta according to package directions and drain. Pour the cooked pasta back into the pot and add in the evaporated milk, about 2 1/2 cups (10 ounces) of the shredded cheddar and/or monterey jack cheese, and the parmesan cheese, and stir to combine.
- Pour the mac & cheese into the baking dish and top with leftover BBQ meat. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar and/or monterey jack cheese. Bake 20-25 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted. Serve with extra BBQ sauce, if desired.