A wonderful blend of seafood and citrus! The secret ingredient is the lemon peel! Thanks to my Dad, this is one of our favorites! TIP: Have all the ingredients ready and prepared so you can whip this recipe up in no time!
- 1 pound linguine pasta
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1 pound medium shrimp – peeled and deveined
- 1 (8 ounce) jar clam juice
- 1/3 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large skillet add the olive oil and butter. Heat until butter is melted. Add the garlic and saute until tender.
- Add the scallops and shrimp. Cook until shrimp is pink, about 10 minutes. Add clam juice, salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes more.
- To the cooked pasta add the tomatoes, parsley and lemon zest, toss. Pour seafood mixture over the linguini, serve immediately.