My daughter and I make these together all the time. We LOVE them so much!
- 1 cup peanut butter creamy
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 12 – 16 ounces milk chocolate chips
- Line an 8 X 8 inch dish with Parchment paper letting the paper hang over the sides of the dish so you can easily lift out later.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the peanut butter, melted butter, brown sugar, and pinch of salt, until well combined.
- Add the powdered sugar a little at a time, mixing well between additions.
- Press the peanut butter mixture into the Parchment lined dish and smooth evenly with the back of a spoon.
- Freeze until it’s firm enough to cut. Then, using an egg-shaped cookie cutter, cut out the peanut butter eggs and place them on the parchment-lined cookie sheet. Place the cookie sheet in the freezer for about an hour.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave. When the chocolate is melted, dip the eggs into the chocolate on both sides using a large spoon to gently hold the egg.
- Lay the eggs on a lined cookie sheet and drizzle a little more chocolate from the end of the spoon, making a pretty design on the top of the eggs.
- Place the eggs in the refrigerator until the chocolate is set, about an hour to 2 hours.