This is a simple and flavorful fish dish. Perfect for Friday night dinner.
- 2 (4 ounce) fillets flounder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
- Place flounder fillets in a small glass dish. Mix lemon juice, garlic, cumin, and paprika in a small bowl; pour over flounder fillets. Cover dish with plastic wrap and marinate flounder in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Mix flour, dill weed, and cayenne pepper together on a piece of waxed paper.
- Beat egg and water together in a wide bowl.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Gently press the flounder fillets into the flour mixture to coat; shake to remove excess flour. Dip into the beaten egg to coat and immediately return to the flour mixture to coat.
- Fry flounder in hot oil until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 5 minutes per side.