If you are not a real big fan of rhubarb, you HAVE to try this!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chopped rhubarb
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix 3 cups flour and brown sugar in a large bowl; cut in softened butter with a knife or pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve 1 1/2 cups flour mixture; pat remainder into the bottom of a 9×13-inch pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until crust is lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl; mix 1/4 cup flour, white sugar, half-and-half, and salt into eggs, beating until smooth.
- Sprinkle chopped rhubarb over baked crust. Pour egg mixture over rhubarb; top with reserved flour mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven until eggs are set and lightly browned, 40 to 45 minutes.