A very easy to prepare meatloaf that is always very juicy and flavorful.
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, mix together 1/4 cup of the tomato soup, ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, onion, salt and pepper using your hands. Shape firmly into two loaves.
- Heat a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the meatloaves in the hot skillet, then reduce heat to medium and cover with a lid. Simmer for about 25 minutes, or until meat is cooked through.
- Spoon the fat from the skillet, and stir in the remaining soup, water, and mustard. Top with mozzarella cheese, and let simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring sauce occasionally.