A pie cake is a type of dessert that combines elements of both pie and cake. It is typically made by combining a sweet cake batter with pie filling, such as apple, cherry or blueberry, and baking it in a pan. The final result is a dessert that has the moist, fluffy texture of a cake, with the sweet and fruity flavors of a pie. Some variations include using a pre-made pie crust as the base or topping the cake with a crumble or streusel. It is a versatile treat that can be served as a dessert, breakfast or brunch item. It can be decorated with powdered sugar or frosting and can be enjoyed warm or cold.
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 3/4 cups apple pie filling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar, flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Make a well in the center of the cake
- Add the oil, eggs and apple pie filling to the mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the cake is done.