I call these popularity cookies because when I make them and take them to work, they make me popular! You can make these with club crackers, too.
- 35 soda crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup blanched slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Cover a sided cookie sheet with aluminum foil and line crackers on foil.
- Combine butter and brown sugar in a saucepan. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes. Pour over crackers completely.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes, watch carefully. Remove cookie sheet from oven, place it on oven door and sprinkle chips over baked crackers. When chocolate gets soft, spread over crackers with back of a spoon. Sprinkle slivered almonds on melted chocolate. Place in refrigerator for at least 8 hours. Break into cookie-size pieces. This recipe freezes well.