Prepared in a slow cooker, this is a simple way to make roast beef and gravy. Serve with mashed potatoes and fruit salad for a complete meal.
- 1 (3 pound) boneless beef chuck roast
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Cut chuck roast in half; place in slow cooker. Combine cream of mushroom soup, beef broth, sherry, and soup mix in a bowl; pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on Low until meat is tender, 8 to 9 hours.