This is a quick and easy morning or afternoon snack. I use the regular size muffin pans but fill them enough 1/3 full, but may adjust the amount of filling to suit your taste.
- 1/2 pound ground pork sausage
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 12 muffin cups.
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, chiles, onion, garlic powder, salt pepper and sausage; mix well. Spoon 1/4 cup of sausage mixture into each prepared muffin cup.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until egg has set and a toothpick inserted into each ‘muffin’ comes out clean.