Chicken breasts are slathered in barbeque sauce, and topped with ham and cheese. Great oven roasted chicken in under an hour.
- 3 bone-in chicken breast halves, with skin
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 6 slices ham
- 1/3 pound thinly sliced Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place chicken breasts skin side up in a glass baking dish.
- Bake chicken, uncovered, for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from the oven, and coat each piece generously with barbeque sauce. Lay 2 folded slices of ham over each breast, and top with slices of cheese.
- Return to the oven, and continue baking for 10 to 15 minutes, until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.