This is sweet and yummy. Here are some variations you might try: Honey Bran Cookies: Stir 1 cup of shredded of bran cereal into batter. Honey Cinnamon Cookies: Mix 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon; sprinkle on cookies immediately after removing from oven. Honey Coconut Cookies: Stir 1 cup of shredded coconut into the batter.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar, hone and egg on medium speed, scraping bowl constantly, until smooth.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix until just combined.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased or parchment lined baking sheet. Bake until set and light brown around edges (surfaces of cookies will appear shiny), 7 to 9 minutes. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes before removing cookies to a wire rack to cool.